Our range of services
Since 1998, the eye department of the International Medical Centre has offered competent and serious ophthalmology. In addition to the operative clinical work, both doctors also look after non-operative ophthalmology.
- General ophthalmology including emergency care
- Special consultation hours including operations:
- Refractive surgery (“seeing without glasses”) laser surgery, multifocal intraocular lenses (specialist Dr. Pötzsch, one of the most experienced surgeons worldwide has implanted these lenses since 1991!)
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) with the latest SOCT and differentiated photo diagnostics; possibly with intravitreal injection therapy)
- Glaucoma consultation (“glaucoma”): diagnostics and medication and follow-up
- depressurising operations
- Cataract consultation (“cataract”): diagnosis of the clouding of the lens with serious surgery advice and, if necessary, optimal planning and implementation of the operation
- Retina consultation: precise retinal diagnosis and documentation, possibly with laser therapy and or retinal detachment surgery
- Lid surgery: cosmetic and functional surgery of the upper and lower eyelids
- Glasses and contact lens adjustments
- Assessment after ophthalmological operations
All ophthalmological diagnostics are carried out in our rooms in the International Medical Center.
In cooperation with leading eye clinics in Palma de Mallorca, all operations are carried out according to European or German quality and hygiene standards. Thanks to this collaboration, we are also able to recommend the need for surgery without recommending economic pressure for the benefit of the patient.
For refractive surgery, we offer you free advice in advance. We would also be happy to provide you with a package deal for preliminary examinations – just ask us.